Friday, April 5, 2019

Pumpkin Soup

Last year some members of the class planted some pumpkins in our school garden.  This week we harvested the pumpkins along with onions and some herbs.  We also collected some of the garlic which was also grown in our garden but was harvested earlier.  We then decided to make some pumpkin soup.  

Mrs P had a yummy recipe where you roast the pumpkin first so we decided to give it a go.  It was a great success and we made so much pumpkin soup.  We put servings into containers and some of us delivered it to the neighbours of our school to thank them for being such great neighbours.  We also got to eat some for our lunch and it was delicious.  Finally we cleaned and all of the pumpkin seeds to replant later in the year.

This was a fantastic day in the kitchen where we all worked together and we all felt very proud to have been able to give back to our local community. Our neighbours were all very complimentary of our soup and some even sent us thank you notes and cards.   Our act of kindness made us all feel good about ourselves and we hope to do more as the year progresses.  



8 comments:

  1. awesome great work 👍👍✌

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi, my name is Tylah, I live in the Far North of New Zealand. I like the way you were all involved in making the soup this reminded me of when i make pumpkin soup. Next time you could make some fry bread or garlic bread to go along with you soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Totara 3, We are Hendrix and Denham we go to Taipa Area School. Good job on your pumpkin soup it looked very delicious . It reminds of me eating pumpkin soup when im sick at home.Maybe next you should add garlic croutons, just a tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. mainqq.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. สูตรไฮโล

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. poker88

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Totara 3 my name is Puna
    I am from St Pius X school i love your guys work because is amazing and beatiful and great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,Im Kaden for Grey Main School. My favourite soup would be pumpkin soup.This reminds me of when I made pumpkin soup at one of my old schools.Next time you should fry up some bread to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.